Friday, November 21, 2008

Unfinished Quilt Top

I was cleaning some drawers out today and came across this unfinished quilt top that I designed a long time ago. I can't remember when I did it. Late 90's or early 2000's? I do know that it was part of a challenge where we sent in fabrics and recieved other fabrics in return. Then we had to make a quilt using those fabrics. I think this was one of the first challenges that I did. This group (can't even remember the name) is no longer together but I did 4 or 5 challenges with them. These were my first challenges and made me push myself to design my own quilts. I also found my old notebooks in these drawers. In them are drawing for pieced quilts with more traditional blocks that I designed and lots of drawings for appliqued folk art blocks and ideas for making them into hangings. I really like some of them - maybe I'll try making them up in some of my hand-dyed and hand-painted fabrics to give them a different look. Once again I don't know when I did these notebooks but it had to be in the late 90's to early 2000's. I didn't date anything back then. Now I date the pages when I add something to my notebook (journal).

Not sure if I will finish this quilt or not.

No comments: