Saturday, November 10, 2007

Field Trip


Yesterday the ladies from my quilt group and I went to Lowell for a fun day out. I was finally able to meet Geri, who joined our book round robin this past spring.

We went to Western Avenue Studios and met Maxine Farkas and Karen Bettencourt. We had a nice visit. It was exciting to see and hear about Maxines art. Then we went down the hall to Friends Fabric Art and met Ann Lee. We had fun looking around her store and studio space. I did find some new things to play with. It was a very inspiring visit.

We had lunch at the Athenian Corner, a great Greek restaurant near the Lowell quilt museum.

Didn't have time to visit the museum.

On our way home, we stopped in Nashua to see the Quilter's Gathering quilt show. It was a quick run through. I did find some fabric and a book I've been wanting to buy. My big splurge for the day was a piece of hand-dyed fabric from Elin Noble. That's it in the poicture above. All the fabrics in her booth were gorgeous.

1 comment:

Kate North said...

That is really gorgeous - I can see why you bought it. Now the big question is, will you be able to cut it and use it, or will you do what I do and keep saving it because it's so pretty...