Thursday, April 05, 2012

Fiber Divas Challenge

Here is the start of my quilt for the Fiber Divas Challenge. I mentioned the challenge in an earlier post. We received a piece of fabric from everyone and had to make a quilt using those fabrics. Look here to see the fabrics.


I'm finding that I am having lots of fun exploring these circle quilts that I've been making. I don't think I posted an updated picture of the purple, orange and green circle quilt I started last November. I'll have to get a picture of it. I have the top completed. Just need to back it and quilt it. That one was all machine stitched. This challenge top is all fused. I'm trying to decide if I like the black yarn between the blue and the green squares or if I just want to leave it plain.

Oops gotta go! I have to leave for work soon and still need to get dresses and make my lunch!

After looking at this picture on my blog, I noticed that the lower left "green" square doesn't look so green. Didn't show up as much on my design wall. Since it is already fused together, I guess I will try painting the square with some dynaflow to see it it will add just a touch more green to make it blend in better. I proabably won't have time until next week when I'm on vacation. This weekend I will be straight out at work since it is Easter Weekend and people are rushing in to get all the goodies for Easter dinner!

No comments: