Wednesday, May 01, 2013

More Fabrics from Elizabeth's Class

The second lesson we did was color dyeing. I tried my hand at making browns from blue, red and yellow. I saw some pieces dyed from these colors in one of my dyeing books and liked the colors.



In lesson 3, we moved onto shibori. 




The next 2 pieces were wrapped diagonally on a pvc pipe and scrunched down.


This piece reminds me of tree branches.


This was the blue/green  piece above, I over-dyed it with turquoise. I like the way this came out. 


This piece was wrapped on a bigger pvc pipe and wrapped with string as I scrunched it. I dyed it with fuschia and green. The green was made from basic blue and sun yellow.  I love the way this came out. I also did a run of fabric using these colors. Just waiting to get them rinsed out, washed and dried.

Now to figure out how I am actually going to use these!

No comments: