Saturday, May 20, 2006

New Quilt Top Started

I've been working on the blocks for this quilt for over a month. Finally finished putting them together last night. I still need to put the stems on the leaves.
One idea I have is to put thin "slices" of gold fabric in the red. In the second picture, I laid on some gold strips from my scrap bag just to see how it would look. I'm not sure which way I like it better.
If I do decide to put yellow stips on the quilt, I think they would be narrower and shorter than the pieces here. I wonder if the yellow strips would take focus off the leaves or would they help keep moving the eye around the quilt.

I was so sure at first and now I don't know. I keep second guessing myself. Of course, I didn't finish the top until after the meeting of Fiber Art Friends yesterday so I couldn't ask them for feedback.

It was a good meeting yesterday. We exchanged our round robin pieces again. It is so much fun to see what everyone adds each time and to see how each piece has evolved. It's getting a little harder to add something now that we are getting near the end. We will exchange them one more time before we get out original ones back. I will try to post pictures in the next couple of days of the one I just worked on.

No comments: