Sunday, May 28, 2006

Too Tired to Come Up With a Title Tonight!

I have finally gotten around to posting the round robin top that I worked on for the last meeting of Fiber Art Friends. The background was made by Carmen. I was the third person to work on it. This picture really doesn't show it very well. I have been wanting to try some of the techniques I've seen in my machine embroidery books. I made cords using the zigzag stitch on my machine and going over a piece of yarn with different color threads. It was fun to do and really easy. You can barely see them in this picture. They are at the top, sewed down in a grid pattern to go along with the grid Carmen had made.
I've got to come up with an idea for the next top. We meet on Fiday and I've been busy with work over the holiday weekend so haven't had a chance to work on it. Working at a grocery store in a tourist area over a holiday weekend is not fun!! I ended up being scheduled to work Thursday-Monday so I don't have much time to do anything with the family. I do have Tuesday off but the kids will be in school. Guess I can catch up on housework and work on my quilts.
I hope everyone else is having a wonderful weekend!

No comments: