Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Computer Troubles and Quilty Stuff

I've been having trouble connecting to the internet on my computer. Very frustrating!! I'm hoping we can get things figured out. Until then, I guess I will have to use my husbands laptop. I have to figure out how to get my pictures downloaded from his laptop. He has things set up differently. So, no pictures today.

I'm almost done with my Grab Bag quilt and then can start working on some new things or I should say finish some things I've put aside! The busy season will be over at work after Labor Day weekend, so I will have more time to quilt!!!!

This Friday, my quilt group, Fiber Art Friends, will be meeting again. We haven't been able to meet for a while due to everyone's summer schedules. We are meeting at Lynn's cabin on Lake Winnepesauke. I'm looking forward to this. I have really missed getting together with other quilters.

Next week I will be spending 2 days in Manchester at the World Quilt Show. The first day, I will be attending the show and then going to a lecture by Marjan Kluepfel. That night I have a room at the hotel and will watch tv and quilt to my hearts content. The next day, I'm taking a class with Linda Cantrell, called "Still Life with Bottles".
I would have liked to take a class with Marjan Kluepfel, but the class I wanted to take was on a day I couldn't be there. I used 2 of my floating holidays at work to go to the show and we have to pick out all our floating holidays and vacations in January. So I had picked Thursday and Friday to come to the show and had to arrange lectures and a class according to this. "Still Life with Bottles" sounds fun and I love the pictures of the quilts she has done.

I'd better get moving and get some things done here before I go to work. I'm working a 6 day week which doesn't leave much time to get stuff done around home.

No comments: