Sunday, August 20, 2006

Goodbye Tuffy

Last Monday we had to put our dog, Tuffy, to sleep. It was a very hard day for all of us. We took pictures of all of us with Tuffy. It now seems so weird not to have a dog great me when I get home from work.
We do have an application in for a rescue dog. A lab mix. We're just waiting to see if we get approved. I know they want to make sure the dogs go to a good home where they will be taken care of but they sure make it hard. You'd think we were trying to adopt a baby! We're still waiting to have someone come out and do a home visit. Alot of the rescue societies that I looked at wanted a home visit plus they want to talk to your vet, etc. The local humane societies are just as hard to adopt from.
The kids made stepping stones with Tuffy's foot prints in them. We also stuck his dog tags on them. Alex's is on Tuffy's grave and Kara's will go in the garden.
I went to the World Quilt and Textile show in Manchester on Thursday and Friday. It was fun! My own private retreat. I took a class with Linda Cantrell on Thurday called "Still Life with Bottles". It was a fun class. I will post more in the next couple of days, I have to leave for work now.

2 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about Tuffy. Such a sad time for your family, I know. It sounds like you did lots of special things to make it meaningful

I'd love to hear more about the show in Manchester. I enjoyed going when I lived in Maine.

Micki said...

I know how hard this loss can be on you and your family. The stepping stones are a loving touch. We have a tennis ball embedded in the head stone for our beloved Gizmo.