I meant to post these pictures a while ago. The Fiber Divas had a play day and tried gelatin monoprinting. We took the idea from the August/September 2009 Quilting Arts. Frances Holliday Alford, had an article about monoprinting.
To make the smaller monoprints, above, I cut the gel with a biscuit cutter.
We found that the monoprints came out really cool on black fabric.
This was a really fun project and could get really addicting!!! Before I knew it, I had a good size pile of monoprints. It was interesting to see how different each divas monoprints came out. Now, I just need to find some time to embellish these and decide what I am going to do with them.
To make these bigger round monoprints, I set up the gelatin in a 9" cake pan.