Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Years!!!

Happy New Years!!!

I don't make resolutions for the new year but I try to set goals. I haven't really had a chance to sit down and think about my goals for 2012 yet. I do know that one of them will be to continue working on my quilts, trying to do at least a little each day, even if it is only 15 minutes.

Here are a couple of new quilts I've finished up. This first one is a little quilt mounted on a quilted background. I've been trying to figure out a way to display small quilts and I like the way the small quilts look on a larger quilted piece.



Here is a closeup. Once again, I've used painted cheesecloth over a strip pieced background. I think it gives it sort of a painted look.



This is one of the circle pieces I started a while ago. I experimented with using the decorative stitches on my sewing machine.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice, cheerful work! I have used bits of painted cheesecloth on a few of my pieces, but I like the total overlay. It does look "painterly." Good job!