Sunday, January 22, 2012

Off to Bennington

Marilyn and I are off to North Country Studio Workshops in Bennington, VT tomorrow. I'm really excited. Can't wait to start the class with Sue Benner. I had a hard time paring down my fabric to take. I wanted to make sure I had enough selection to work with for the 5 day workshop. This is the first time I've taken a class that is longer than 1 day.

This is a piece I started working on. It is a lot darker than it really is and a lot more red. The actual color is sort of a dusty pink and brown. I want to try adding something to the pieced background before quilting it with the cheesecloth over it. Here, I've cut out some leaf shapes and put them under the cheesecloth. What I actually do will have to wait until I get back from Bennington.

I do have a new finished piece but I can't show it since it is a present for my sister. Hint, Hint, Debbie!!!

No comments: