Sunday, October 28, 2012

Kara's Landscape


It's taken me a while to post Kara's latest quilt. She made this before she went back to Houghton. It is now hanging up in her room there. A while back she made a drawing and decided that she wanted to make it into a quilt. She decided to frame it like you were looking out a window and each section would be a different season. She'd been collecting fabric for it since last March or so. To go to the orthodontist, we have to drive right by Keepsake Quilting. We usually end up stopping on our way home to see if there is something we just can't live with out.

I just realized a couple of days ago that A Quilter's Gathering starts this Thursday. Sure came up fast. Guess that's what happens when life gets out of control!!! This year it is being held in Manchester instead of Nashua. Only 1 hour and fifteen minutes instead of an hour and a half to get there. Thursday, the Fiber Divas are going to go down and look at the show and wander through all the vendors. Friday, I will going back down to take a class. I'm taking "Vivacious Curvy Squares" with Diane Hire. I need to start collecting my supplies for the class. This is the first class I've taken where the sewing machines are provided. Be nice not to have to lug my machine around. Just hope there are no problems with the machines.
 Looking forward to it. I need some time away to relax and have some fun.

No comments: