Saturday, November 16, 2013

New Project

I've been experimenting again. I started with these glue resist pieces and added some black, red and yellow paint to them. 

I took some commercial fabrics and wrote and scribbled on them with sharpies and paint. I used these to write down any thing that popped into my mind about how I'm feeling about Gary's illness. Then I cut them up into thin strips and fused those to the top.

I added some stitching and here is what it looks like now. Not quite finished yet.

I also made this piece of glue resist fabric. I experimented with using a paint marker to draw on it. It seemed to work well. I tried a few lines before I painted it and it doesn't seem to run. It comes in other colors so I'll have to see what I can do with these. Can't remember the name of them and they are way downstairs.

And a fun picture to end the post with. Riley having a bad hair day, although it doesn't look as bad as it did in person.

No comments: