Saturday, January 13, 2007

Postcards and Playtime

These aren't the best pictures I've taken. I'll have to take the time to get the tripod out when I take pictures of small pieces. The first two are also on their sides but I wanted to get them posted. These postcards are for a swap on Art 2 Mail.




This is something I've been playing with. In the book, Collage Unleashed by Traci Bautista, she tells you how to dye paper towels. One night over the holidays, I played and dyed some paper towels. Since then, I've been looking at them wondering what next. The last couple of days, when I had a few minutes, I played some more. I started by putting fusible web on the back of the paper towels and then tearing them into big pieces. then fused the pieces onto a piece of peltex. I loved the way it looked and then hit the stage where I was afraid to do anything because I might ruin it. I finally made myself stamp some lumiere spirals on to it. I then tore tissue paper into petal shapes and glued them down. I'm going to add stitching around the petals and who knows what else.
I don't know what it is, I never seem to be able to play without over thinking things or worrying about ruining something.
What I'll actually do with this. Maybe the cover for a journal.

2 comments:

Susan said...

But how often do you actually ruin something? Probably not often! This is certainly not ruined. I like all the postcards, too. Try painting on dryer sheets - that's fun. =)

Grangry said...

Super postcards.