Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Birds of Change Exchange and too Many Projects

I've signed up for Birds of Change Exchange over at Creative Kismet Blog. It sounds really fun. Click on the above link to learn more about it. I've been trying to get the button up on my blog and it just won't appear. Since I've managed to get other buttons to appear, I'm assuming it has something to do with Blogger. I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens.

Lately, I've been thinking about what I want to do creatively. There are so many things that sound fun and that I want to try that I don't know what to do and get nothing done. I love quilting and anything fiber related. But I'd also like to do some mixed media things, some easy jewelry things, more explorations with felting(wet, needle and recycled) and I have the new Photoshop Elements program to play with. So, what to do. Do I just do whatever hits me ? Or do I make a descision to focus on one thing at a time to get proficient at something?

Today was supossed to be the Fiber Divas Christmas party but guess what happened today! If you guessed snow, you got it! We have now rescheduled the party for Friday. Looks like the weather will be ok. Hope we don't get any suprises!!

School was cancelled today. At least that means that Alex didn't miss another day. He's feeling better but still has a bad cough. Don't know if he will be going tomorrow or not.

It's finally happening, I'm going back to work. It's been 9 months. I've been having much more energy and feeling much more like my old self so I decided it was time to go back part time. I'm not sure I really want to go back. I really enjoy being a full-time mom, cooking, crafting, etc. but we could really use my income. Now it will be back to juggling everyones schedule and having to fit my projects in between everything else. I am grateful though that my job is still there to go back to - especially with the economy the way it is.

No comments: