Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Our new addition to the family



I've been busy playing and taking care of Riley. I can't believe it will be a week tomorrow that he came home. He sure is a lot of work but also lots of fun and what a character!!

These are pictures that we took a couple of days ago. He is really starting to fit in and get comfortable here.



Ginger still hasn't gotten used to him although she tolerates him more now than when he arrived home. At least she can be in the same room as him now. She has the attitude of "If I can't see him, he isn't there" She spends a lot of time studiously looking the other way.


So, needless to say, I haven't spent much time working on any projects. I have been watching Quilting Arts TV DVD's (series 400) which my mom got for me for my birthday. I also been watching Quilting Arts Workshop, "Print, Collage, Quilt" with Melanie Testa and Cloth, Paper, Scissors Workshop, "Layer by Layer" with Beryl Taylor. It is great to see some of the things actually being done in "Print, Collage, Quilt" that I read about in Melanie's book " Inspired to Quilt".

For my Birthday, Kara, gave me "Art + Quilt, Design Principles and Creative Exercises" by Lyric Kinard. It has some great exercises in it. I just have to take the time to actually do them.
Before Christmas, I bought myself "Intuitive Color & Design" by Jean Wells. This also has some really go exercises in it. I love the abstract look of her quilts.

Time to get to bed so I can get up at 4:30 to go to work.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Oh how adorable!! When I first looked I thought that he was as tuffed animal!! My kids say he looks like a baby EWOK from Star Wars!!! So darn cute- now wonder Ginger's nose is out of joint!! She will adjust and learn to love him, but give her lots of extra TLC too!