Here are the results of my last batch of snow dyeing. Really nice colors! I'm always so amazed at how different they come out than what I think they will. This first one was a combination of black and fuschia. I thought it would have more black in it. There are a few spots with black. The rest turned out more blue gray. Next time I will add more black and a little less fuschia.
This one was a combination of orange, fuschia and brilliant blue - I think. Of course, I didn't write the colors down. I thought I'd remember them but did I? I should have known better! The colors are a little off in these photos. The actual piece makes me think of a flower garden.
These were some cloth napkins that I picked up at the second hand store with the intent of dyeing or painting them some day. I used fuschia, sun yellow and indigo.
This closeup shows the pattern in the weave of the napkins.
I probably won't have a chance to do any more snow dyeing for a while. We are getting a little short on snow outside! Pretty sad for New Hampshire. I think we are one of the few areas in the states that hasn't gotten a lot of snow recently. We can see bare ground outside. The upside to not much snow will be that mud season shouldn't be too bad this year!