Friday, February 10, 2012

Mess of a Work Space

I was doing really well after getting back from my workshop with Sue Benner. Then it all came to a crashing halt! This is what my work space looks like right now.




For my birthday, Gary bought an insert to go around my sewing machine so I will have a nice level work top. Because the table was custom made for Gary's sister by her husband, we couldn't just order an insert to fit a ready made table. The insert goes nicely around my machine and Gary is now modifying the table and insert so they fit together. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.
I am using this time to try and clean up and reorganize the basement. The basement started out nice and organized but over the last year, it started spreading and getting messier and messier. I have to find space to put a recumbant exercise bike. I want it in my work area so I can watch the tv while I'm riding it. I know myself. I will be more likely to use it if I can watch tv.

Funny thing about my birthday... It was the Friday while I was at the workshop and I was so caught up in everything that was going on that I completely forgot it was my birthday. Then I couldn't keep track of the days and dates during the workshop and kept thinking my birthday was on Saturday instead of Friday. When I finally remembered and figured out the correct day everyone got a kick out the fact that I'd forgotten it. I did buy myself a nice birthday present. Sue had some of her hand dyed scarves. I bought a beautiful silk one. I'll have to get a picture of it and post it soon.

No comments: