Saturday, February 11, 2012

Still Waiting

I'm still waiting to be able to use my sewing machine. I would really like to start quilting the quilts from Sue Benners class. Instead, I've been fooling around with this piece that I started before I went to VT. I've been wondering what would happen if I did some surface design and fusing to the background piece before I put the cheesecloth over it. Lots of possibilities. I can't really get my paints out right now so, I fused down the black circles and the lighter leaves. I still don't know what I'm going to do to the top. The leaves on top now were just thrown on. The 3 bigger leaves I fused out of different fabric scraps from the class.



This background, I fused from scraps from the class also. Just need to figure out what to do with it.
One of the things I really liked about Sue's work was her use of recycled clothes. Now when I see someone in a really great blouse, I keep thinking, that would look great in a quilt! Will have to keep my eyes open for some at the second hand store in town.

No comments: