Sunday, December 17, 2006

Christmas Party

I can't believe that it was over a week ago that my quilt group had our Christmas party. We went to a Thai restaurant in Center Harbor called the Lemongrass. Lunch was really good but dessert was even better!!! We had a gift exchange and came away with all sorts of things to play with. I don't have too many pictures. Susan brought all of us bags, a pincushion, and a thimble from her trip to China. All the bags were different and we got to pick one. The pincushion I have hanging on our tree as a decoration.
Here is a close-up of the front of mine.
Carmen's gift was a variety of different beads to play with. I can't show you a picture of Marilyn's present since I have eaten all the chocolate!!! They sure were good!!!
Lynn Elkinton had packages of ribbon that she found at a small shop that sells just ribbons. She had told us about this shop before. We now need to make a special trip over to Wolfeboro to see this shop ourselves. I couldn't get a good picture of them.
Lynne Rand wasn't able to make it and was missed.
The fabric that I have been painting was part of my present. I also included yarns, beads and variegated embroidery floss. I wanted to give them something they could have fun with. It was fun for me to put it together.

Our next meeting is in January and I will show everyone how to make silk paper. I bought a kit in August at the Mancuso show in Manchester. I have always wanted to experiment with making silk paper. I made a couple basic pieces and now want to experiment with adding other fibers and molding the silk paper so that it dries into a bowl or vase or something.

No comments: