Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Keepsake Quilting

I forgot to include this in my last post. After we had lunch and exchanged presents, we all stopped at Keepsake Quilting and the yarn shop. Of course, I forgot to bring the piece I wanted to find yarn for. I took a guess with the green and the purple yarn and they both worked. I ended up using the purple to finish the edge and sewed it on with green floss.
The multi colored yarn is recycled silk. I want to try using some small pieces of it when I make silk paper. I did find a couple pieces of fabric at Keepsake. I've been trying to be good and not buy much new fabric. I'm trying to use what I have on hand or paint/dye it myself. It has helped that the new quilt shop in Plymouth doesn't carry much fabric that I would use! It is a nice shop but just isn't what the Calico Cupboard was.
While at Keepsake, I found a pair of fused dichroic glass earrings for Kara. They are her favorite shade of green. I'd show you a picture but they are wrapped up under the Christmas tree.

No comments: