Since I didn't have stencils or stamps of the shapes I wanted, I made my own stamps. For the checkerboards, I took foam shapes with sticky tape on the back and stuck them onto a styrofoam meat tray in the pattern I wanted. For the leaves, I cut the shape out of a styrofoam meat tray and made the lines for the veins with a pen.
These were fun new techniques to try. I would like to do more surface design on my fabrics.
I just need to learn to let go and not over think things too much. Have more fun and not worry about making mistakes or ruining a piece of cloth.
I didn't even think. I should have taken a picture of another piece I worked on today that started with a monoprint of some leaves. The monoprint was fun to do. I need (or should I say want) to play around with more monoprinting.
One could get caught up in Painting, dyeing and playing with making your own fabric that you don't get anything made from it!!