Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My Bags are Packed

No quilt pictures yet, but I do have some of Newfound Lake just down the road from us.



I'm off to the World Quilt and Textile Show in Manchester tomorrow. Tomorow, I will do the show and visit all the vendors. Friday, I'm taking "Improvisational Scrap Quilt" with Carol Taylor. I was supossed to take a class with Rosalie Dace from South Africa instead but she had to cancel her classes. I've heard that she has had some health probelms.
I'm looking forward to my class. I was having a hard time choosing between Rosalie and Carol to begin with but I enjoy taking classes from teachers from other countries - you learn alot about quilting in other places. That's why Rosalie ended up being my first choice. Maybe she'll be here next year.
I found out that there is free internet connection in the rooms so I'm taking Gary's laptop to keep up with my e-mail.
I'm also bringing my journal quilt to work on tomorrow night in the room. I'm really looking forward to having 2 days off on my own with just myself to worry about. I can do what I want when I want!! Be as messy or as neat as I want. No dinner to fix, house to clean, laundry to wash, kids to get after.
Better get some of my stuff loaded in the car tonight.

No comments: