Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I'm Not Lost!

I finally have some time to post. Been really busy at work since I got back from the Mancuso quilt show in Manchester. I had a great time. I arrived Thursday around 11:30 and walked around the show and vendors. I really enjoyed the exhibit by SAQA and the one by the European quilters. I ran into Susan and Marilyn there. I was finally able to get into my room about 3:00, so I took everything up and then went to the talk by Carol Taylor. It was a retrospective on her quilting career. It was interesting and I really enjoyed being able to see her quilts up close. I went to take a picture of one and the strap on my camera caught on something and it dropped and broke. I was so upset, but was determined not to let it ruin my time away by myself. That night, I put on my jammies, turned on the tv and worked on my journal quilt.
Friday, I had the class with Carol, it was fun. This is what I have made with some of the pieces from the class. Because it was just a one day class, she showed us different improvisational blocks to make but we didn't have time to put them together. I didn't use all the blocks that I made. Some of the techniques I had done before. I really liked playing with couching yarns down. She also showed us a technique for inserting really skinny lines (less than 1/4") into blocks. I will be trying that in a quilt sometime. It was nice just to be able to go and play with my fabric for a day and not be interupted!!!
Then it was back to the real world, I had to be to work on Saturday at 5:30am. YUK!! I can't wait till after Labor Day when work will slow down some!

No comments: