Saturday, August 04, 2007

Vacation Time

Just a quick post. Tomorrow we leave for Cape Cod. Gary's parents 50th wedding anniversary is this year so everyone os going to Cape Cod this year. Gary has 2 brothers and a sister. They will all be there plus kids. It will be nice. We haven't had a vacation since before we had kids and that was only a long weekend. I have put together a small journaling kit to take with me. I have a small journal, some watercolor pencils, markers, paintstick, a few papers and small pieces of fabric, some tissue paper and a few paint brushes. I have no idea what I will do with these but I'm going to try and do something creative.

I haven't had much time to work on things what with work and Gary's surgery stuff. I have worked some on my journal quilt and I think I now have it worked out and will be able to finish it when I get back. I was really starting to wonder if I would be able to meet the deadline. I really like the way it looks.

Since I can't show you that, I will show some fabric that I painted today (should have been packing!!!) and put ferns on to sun print. This first one is a piece of fabric that was dyed green. I painted over it with blues and a leaf green. I like the lacy look to it. I may add some stenciling or stamping. The colors are brighter than they show in the picture. This piece will make a great background piece.



This piece was a piece I had taken a second print from a monoprint. You can just see some of the leaf shapes from the monoprint. I used ferns that weren't so feathery for this one. I wish I had picked a few more but onece again I will problably stamp or stencil on it.
I liked sunprinting on fabric that was already dyed or painted. Before I had done it on white fabric and the prints of the plants were just too white against the painted background.
Well, I'd better go pack.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the fabric. I hand dye also. It is a fun and peaceful way to spend some time. :}