Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Two More Circle Quilts and Geocaching


Here is the quilt I did for my "Going in Circles" theme. It makes me think of pictures taken by the Hubble Space Telescope. This is 7"x39". I had to make it really long because all the other circle quilts hang off of it. It looks really great with all 6 quilts put together. I found copper colored metal circles to attach the quilts together.




This is Carmen's quilt for my circle theme. I love all the machine quilting in the background.



A closeup of Carmen's piece.


Melanie, you asked what geocaching was. We use a GPS to find hidden caches all over the place. These caches are lock n lock boxes, ammo boxes or some other type of box that will keep the inside dry. Inside is a log book that you sign when you find it and some little trinkets that you can trade for. We go to the geocaching site (click on the above link) to find coordinates for caches that are hidden all over the world. I found a couple on my way back from taking Kara to college. It is fun and something that the family can do together and we get to explore places we never would have gone to before or never knew they existed. We've been doing this for 4 1/2 years now.
Sharon, I found 2 out of 3 caches that day. Of course, the one I couldn't find, my husband said was easy to find.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

Those are really cool!

Elizabeth said...

Love your circle quiltsa nd thanks for the definition of Geocaching- I must be kind of out of it!!!
Hugs!
Elizabeth

Melanie said...

What an awesome idea! I've been looking for some new project... and this would be fun! Hmmm, maybe a fun Christmas gift for the family... the dvd & a gps! :)