Saturday, February 17, 2007

New Project

I've had the last 3 days off work. Talk about nice! I managed to get quite a bit done on my quilt projects. Not alot of housework though!! I think I mentioned in my last blog that I painted some paper towels, cheesecloth and some dryer sheets. I found I like doing these as a group so that the colors go together. I did a group of blues and greens and a groups of reds and pinks.
I started this quilt that night. The background is made of torn paper towels that I fused to peltex. I then covered it with cheesecloth that I sewed down. I love the look. The cheesecloth smoothed the background out and gave it a pinterly look. One of my friends in our art quilt group said it had a Monet look.
The flowers aren't attatched yet. The red ones and the leaves are made from some of my silk paper. The pink ones are paper towels.
Here's a close-up. I love the texture in the background.
I'm still thinking of how I'm going to sew down the flowers and leaves. I'm not sure what I will do for the center of the flowers. I think I'm going to use a combination of machine and hand stitching. I also want to couch down some yarn or various fibers. I'm also thinking of adding some embroidery to add to the texture of the background. Who knows!!

This is some fabric I painted today. I'm not sure that I will keep the paper towel flowers on this piece so I painted this. It should be dry by now and I can iron it and see which I want to use.

No comments: