Monday, February 05, 2007

Winter has arrived!!! and some postcards

Well, winter has really arrived in NH!! It is COLD!!!
Here are the next 5 postcards I did for the Art 2 Mail swap.
The background fabric is some of my handpainted fabric. The hearts that are pink are silk paper that I made with some angelina on top. The heart that is orange, redand purple is a paper towel that I dyed. This was the first time that I tried couching down the yarn with my sewing machine. Made it go alot faster and was alot easier on my wrist and hand.
Now to get these addressed and sent off. This was the first time that I put cardstock o teh back instead of fabric. Makes it alot easier to write on.



I thought that I would have more time to work on my projects since this is a slow time at work but so far it hasn't slowed much for me. I know I should be greatful that my hours are staying up there since I really need the work but I really get frustrated at not being able to work on my fiber art as much as I would like. By the time I get home from work, I'm so exhausted that all I want to do is sleep but I have to get the kids from school and then deal with dinner and homework. Then it's time to go to bed and start it all over again. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother trying but I can't stop thinking about projects or coming up with new ideas. Guess I just have to to on doing what I can do and try to be satisfied.

3 comments:

Grangry said...

Gorgeous postcards!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful postcards! I love the ideas you had for these hearts.

MJ said...

Beautiful postcards! I wish I had received one!! Don't give up hope on finding time to do the things you love to do! Do what you can, when you can & that may keep your creative process flowing!