Monday, January 28, 2008

New Round Robin Started

I haven't had a chance to post anything since we had our meeting Friday. It was so nice to get together again. We showed what we had picked out for our pictures for this years round robin. A few of us had the chance to get pieces made. We took the idea for this round robin from the Frayed Edges "5 Artist's 5 Views". We Changed their idea to fit our group. Each of us has picked a picture and everyone will make an interpretation of the picture. Each person will recieve all the "quilts" made from their picture and will figure out a way to attatch them so they can be displayed as 1 piece. We can interpret the pictures literally, crop them or make an abstract interpretation. Anything goes. So we don't have a certain size we have to make each piece. Will be interesting to put these together at the end. We are hoping we can have a show this year. We are still trying to figure out where. We don't have alot of options in rural NH.

This is my picture. I decided to go with a simple still life.
I didn't get a chance to finish my quilt to go with my picture but this is how I cropped the photo to make my interpretation. I think I will cut out the small bottle on the bottom. I love the shapew of the vases and the shadow in the back.
This is Susan's interpretation of her photo, which was a field of lupine.
Meant to show Marilyn's picture first but here is her quilt. The picture is below. She took the picture in Italy (I think) and always wondered what was happening behind the shuttered windows. Her quilt show what she imagined. If you can't tell, it's a lady bathing in a tub.
I have Marilyn's picture to work from next. I have and idea just need to finish mine and then get started on Marilyn's. I do have an idea.
Saturday, I took Painting 2 at Jane Balshaw's studio. It was a fun day and I have alot of ideas from that. Too many ideas swimming in my head and not enough time!!!
I will post more about Saturday when I get some pictures taken.


No comments: