Saturday, January 05, 2008

New Work

This is what I've been working on the last couple of days. Although I did start it months ago. I applied wrinkled tissue paper onto a mounted canvas and painted it. The colors here are alot duller than the real piece. After I painted it, I couldn't decide what to do with it. I brought it out from the cupboard the other day and just started playing. I added the red stenciling through sequin waste and then stamped gold leaves on with a stamp I had made a while ago.
After finishing the background, I made 3-D leaves and added some twigs. This is a close-up to show the details. Not the best but my batteries died so I can't try again. I think I will make the middle leaf again. The veins are a little funky and even if no one else notices, I will.
The colors in the close-up are a little better but still not as bright.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Beautiful work, I love how you have built up the layers with different surface design techniques. Your colors are great too.