Monday, November 10, 2008

New work in progress

I've been playing around with these 2 new pieces. Not my normal colors but I like them. I just happen to lay the red fabric on top of some black and liked the way it looked so had to make something with them. As I went along, I had so many ideas that I just couldn't decide what to do so I decided to make two pieces using some of the different ideas. I think they still need something but I'm not sure what. Right now they are just layed out. Maybe if I start sewing and quilting, they will look more finished. Since my illness, I've been finding it harder to make decisions and get tired and bogged down more easily. I've been trying not to let this get me down and just work with it. I have 4 or 5 projects I'm working on right now. When I get bogged down on one, I try to move on to another one. When I get too tired, I've been rereading my magazines and books or doodling in my notebook/sketchbook. Went to Jane Balshaw's open studio on Saturday. It was great. Lots of inspiration. I bought a small leaf piece of hers. I haven't taken a picture of it yet, will do it soon so I can post it here. Guess it's time to go get out of my pj's before someone walks up to the door and suprises me!!

No comments: