Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentines Day


Happy Valentines Day! I hope everyone had a special day.

I thought I was going to be able to spend extra time getting some quilting done since this is the slow time of year at work, but it hasn't worked out that way.

I have managed to make this background piece. Now I just need to figure out what I want to do with it. These were all scraps from my scrap bag. I fused all these pieces onto a piece of muslin to make "new" fabric. This is about 25" x 16". I'm not sure what I will put on it yet. I'm thinking leaves would look nice but I always think leaves look nice. I seem to keep coming back to leaves as a subject in my work. I don't know why. This is the same technique I used to make the landscape postcards in my second post.

I'm taking Miniature Landscapes by Susan Brittingham at Quilt University http://quiltuniversity.com. This week we are going over the concepts behind realistic landscapes and putting together fabric combinations that would work in a landscape.

No comments: