Saturday, February 04, 2006

Labor of Love

My next project will be a labor of love. I need to put more patches on Alex's quilt. At one time it was a rail fence quilt that my mom made for him. I also need to sew on the new backing that Alex picked out. I will also use it for a new binding.

I'm hoping that tomorrow I will have time to take some pictures of the quilt I made to enter into the Quilting Arts Calendar contest. Then it is just a matter of figuring out how to burn the pictures onto a disk to send in. Entering a quilt into the contest was one of my goals for this year.

Each year I set some goals to work towards. Some years I do better than others at reaching these goals. So far this year I finished quilting and binding a quilt I started 3 or 4 years ago. Starting this blog and learning how to blog was also one of my goals. At the end of the year I look back and see how things have gone. I don't stick strictly to these goals but they give me some direction for the year. If I finish them all thats great if I don't then I re-evaluate and either add them to next years goals or forget about them.

No comments: