Thursday, February 23, 2006

This and That

I didn't realize it had been so long since I had last posted. Last week I ended up with whatever bug is going around. I'm finally getting some energy back. This is what I have done for the miniature landscape class I'm taking at Quilt University with Susan Brittingham. I don't have any of the pieces fused down yet. I'm trying to decide if there is too much of a contrast between the middle green mountain and the bluish gray one. In this picture, they seem to blend better than in the real piece. Being me, I didn't do one of the patterns provided in the class. This one is from a drawing I've had in my idea notebook for a couple of years. I drew it from a photo my dad took. The drawing has trees on the left hand side, which I still need to add. This quilt is a bullseye quilt that I started a long long time ago. I had all the block made and cut into quarters then it just layed around. Every once in a while I would look at the pieces and think about finishing it. Well last fall I pulled them out once again and actually started sewing them together. I put it away over the holidays and finished it up in January. This may not be an original idea but I love the colors and motion in it. These were some of the first fabrics that I dyed.

Fiber Art Friends met last friday. It was a fun afternoon. It's been a while since we've been able to meet. Between weather, sickness and travel, we havent' met since November and I wasn't able to make that meeting.

Well the ladies figure skating long program has started so I MUST go watch. I had to leave the room earlier, so I didn't hear the results on the news.

1 comment:

paula said...

On your mountain scene, I don't tnink there is too much contrast. I live with mountains right over my head, and the light changes the way they look all the time. Sometimes the clouds will shade part and the sun will shine on just one mountain just like your quilt. It looks very realistic, and ethereal. I just signed up for my blogger site, and I haven't had time to get any of the quilts I'm working on in yet. In the past I've only done traditional quilts, but I am moving in the direction of art quilts. i have an idea for a memorial art quilt for a dear friend who killed himself a year ago. I found all the perfect fabrics, and I have the direction in my mind for it to go, I just have all these other quilts that are almost finished--eeeh--drives me crazy sometimes--not enough time in the day.

Your work is just beautiful!! Thank you for displaying it. paula

my blogger site is:
Coloradodreamsandquilts.blogspot.com