Friday, February 03, 2006

Trying Again


Thought I'd try posting again. Tried last night, had everything all set, hit publish post and Blogger was down! So there went that!!

I want to thank everyone who has visited my blog. I wanted to answer everyone who e-mailed me or left comments but all the sudden I find myself with no time. I work in the bakery at our local grocery and this is the slow season for us so I have been picking up extra hours cashiering. They are really short on cashiers right now.

I haven't had a chance to take pictures of any of my new work. This picture was already in the computer. I made it last summer. Each little piece is 4 1/2" x 6 1/2". They are hung together with fabric beads that I made. To hang it, I covered a piece of dowel with fabric to go with the beads. I don't have any close-ups but each petal has free motion embroidery on it and the black centers all have french knots in them. A lot of french knots!

This has been one of those weeks where I thought I would have a lot of time to quilt, figure out more blogging stuff and get things done around the house. Wrong!! With picking up those extra hours, there went my time. Someday maybe I won't need to work so much! Wishful thinking?!
I have managed to squeeze in some time to finish up the leaf postcards for the exchange I'm doing. I have also been reading "The Quilter's Book of Design" by Ann Johnston. I splurged and ordered it for myself for my birthday (last week). I haven't gotten very far but it looks like it has a lot of good info. It's been on my wish list for a while.

Now to venture out to get errands done. It's been a mix of rain, sleet and snow this morning!

No comments: